Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
444 N Mt Rushmore Rd
Rapid City, SD 57701 United States
You are invited to celebrate “Banking on America” at the 2013 Quad States Convention June 9-11 at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center and Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn in Rapid City, South Dakota.
A county fair brings locals together to celebrate their community and showcase their unique talents and traditions. The 2013 Quad States Convention is our opportunity for bankers from South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming to come together to celebrate and share their traditions, hometown banking values, and spirit of serving their customers.
The convention will offer nationally-acclaimed speakers, great networking opportunities and timely information on issues of importance to the banking industry. Also, plan to have some fun as you experience some of the beautiful and exciting attractions that Rapid City and the Black Hills have to offer.
Our banks are “Banking on America” every day as they work hard to serve and support their customers, their local businesses and their communities. We are “Banking on America” and hope you are too!
Download 2013 Convention Mobile App
Follow the 2013 Quad States Convention via your mobile device. Get the schedule, maps, speaker handouts, attendee, exhibitor and sponsor lists, and silent auction items.
Scan the QR code or type eventmobi.com/quadvention in your mobile browser. Or visit the convention website.
The mobile app is sponsored by First Data.
A special convention group rate has been reserved at four hotels in Rapid City. Please note that the rooms will not be available to make reservations until early February 2013.
The four hotels with convention blocks are:
- Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn – adjacent to the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
- Howard Johnson Wyndham Hotel – across the street from the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
- Hotel Alex Johnson – newly-renovated historic hotel located downtown just five scenic blocks from the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
- Ramkota Hotel – one of the Black Hills’ largest indoor water parks located near the Rushmore Mall and just off Interstate 90, 1.5 miles from the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
Questions, contact Deb Gates with the South Dakota Bankers Association at firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 726-7322 or (605) 224-1653.
Speaker inquiries need to be emailed to email@example.com – no phone calls please.
Conferences - Workshops - Schools
One of the major responsibilities of the Wyoming Bankers Association is to identify the educational needs of bankers. This process is organized by banker committees and the WBA. Workshops and Conferences on critical topics to bankers are regularly offered.
- 2013 WBA Consumer/Retail Banking Conference – September 12 & 13, 2013 – Days Inn - Thermopolis, WY
- 2014 WBA Credit Conference – (To be announced)
- 2014 WBA Agricultural Bankers Conference – (To be announced)
What is a Webinar?
A webinar is an online seminar featuring live audio, PowerPoint presentation along with other interactive features such as real time polls and chat. The program may be viewed on most devices (computer, tablet, smart phone). No special hardware is needed; however, speakers or headphones are required. The program consists of 105 minutes instruction and 15 minutes live Q&A. Each webinar registration provides 1 connection to the webinar, materials and access to the On-Demand Webinar for 30 days after the initial event. You may have unlimited listeners on your connection. You will receive login instructions and materials as well as a link to test your equipment prior to the seminar. If you do not receive a confirmation immediately after registering, call (877) 988-7526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An On-Demand Webinar is a live webinar that has been recorded and can be viewed at your convenience (24/7). Anyone at your branch may access the program online using the login provided. When you purchase an On-Demand Webinar, you have unlimited access to the program for 6 months from date of purchase.
Transmission, retransmission or republishing of the audio portion of the seminar is prohibited. Your registration entitles you to 1 connection at 1 location with permission to copy materials for participants. Complete one registration per location.
Calendar: (calendar coming soon)
- When a Deposit Customer Dies: Issues to Consider – May 21, 2013
- Motivating & Managing the Teller Line – May 22 & 29, 2013
- Regulation Z – The Final Wave – May 24, 2013
- Robbery Prevention , Response & Aftermath – May 28 & June 3, 2013
- When a Safe Deposit Customer Dies: Issues to Consider – May 30, 2013
- Call report Preparation Webinar Series – June 4, 11, 14 & 19, 2013
- Commercial Loan Documentation – June 5 & 6, 2013
- When a Loan Customer Dies: Issues to Consider – June 7, 2013
- Global Cash Flow: What, How, Why – June 10, 2013
- New Amendments to Revised Article 9 – June 12, 2013
- Introduction to ACH – June 13 & 20, 2013
- Regulation Z-Ability-to-Repay & Qualified Mortgages – June 17, 2013
- Online Banking Compliance – June 18 & 26, 2013
- 2013 IT Exam Preparation & Audit Video Webcast – June 20 & 21, 2013
- Salesmanship for Lenders – June 21, 2013
- Personal Survival: 25 Rules to Live By – June 24, 2013
- Flood Insurance Review & Update – June 25, 2013
- Managing Problem Loans – June 28 & July 1, 2013
- The Top 10 Mistakes – July 9 & 11, 2013
- Rev Up Results at the Branch Webinar - July 10 & 17, 2013
- Creative Real Estate Workout Strategies – July 12, 2013
- 2013 Real Estate Lending Compliance – July 15-16, 2013
- Security Officer Workshop – July 15 & 22, 2013
- Safe Deposit Webinar Series – July 16 & 30, 2013
Total Training Solutions (TTS) is your source for high quality Webinars and On-Demand Webinar recordings. The program selection is unsurpassed and the choices include everything from compliance to customer service.
ON-DEMAND WEBINARS BY TOTAL TRAINING SOLUTIONS
An On-Demand seminar is an event that has been recorded into an online streaming video that can be accessed at any time & at your own convenience. The purchase includes unlimited playback of the original session (combined audio & visual with your internet connection) for six months, an audio cd (listen to the session without an internet connection), plus all the original printed handouts.
LIVE WEBINARS BY TOTAL TRAINING SOLUTIONS
The live webinars are very easy to attend and national speakers can now be heard right at your bank when you register for a webinar from TTS.
- Compliance Perspectives: A Monthly Update CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Directors Education Series – Monthly Series Available CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Honest Appraisal: Keys to Effective Performance Reviews – May 22, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Morale & Motivation for Supervisors: Keeping the Team Enthused About Their Job – May 22, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Dealing with Appraisals: Compliance with New Standards – May 23, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Coaching & Confronting Sticky Situations – May 29, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Remote Deposit Capture – May 30, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Analyzing Start-Up Businesses – June 4, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Proper handling of Delinquent and Abandoned Safe Deposit Boxes – June 4, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Overdraft Fees: New Impact for Financial Institutions – June 5, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- BSA for the Frontline – June 6, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- For Sales People: Sell in Any Market – June 10, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Take a Bite Out of Cybercrime: Arm Yourself Against Account Takeover – June 11, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Home Equity Lines of Credit – June 11, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Fraudulent Cashiers Checks – June 12, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Endorsements on Fiduciaries, Trusts, Estates and Business Accounts – June 13, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Preparing for Changes in RESPA: Complying Both Today and into 2014 – June 18, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- UDAAP- Yes, It Applies to Your Financial Institution – June 19, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- MANAGING New Technologies BSA/AML RISKS: Prepaid Cards, Remote Deposit Capture, Family Cards - June 19, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Why is That Revolving Line of Credit not Revolving? – June 20, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Dealing with Servicemember Issues: SCRA and Much More – June 20, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Sales Series: Coaching the Post-Call Debrief – July 8, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Do’s and Don’ts of Checks – July 9, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Salesmanship for the Lender – July 10, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Seven Habits of Effective Credit Administration in Commercial Banks – July 11, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- BSA Series: OFAC and Your AML – July 12, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Customer Identification Program – July 16, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- You Must Comply! ACH Compliance – July 16, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- How to Use Business Resolution & Authorizations to Protect Your Financial Institution – July 17, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Safe Deposit Boxes: The Do’s and Don’ts – July 18, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- The 8 Keys to Teller Excellence – July 18, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Marketing for Mortgage Originators – July 24, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- 10 Steps to Pass Your Next Compliance & Fair Lending Exam – July 25, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Call Center Representative Training – July 30, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Using Business Tax Returns to Analyze Lending Requests – July 30, 2013 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
> Continuing Education
The American Institute of Banking (AIB) is a continuing education curriculum for the financial services industry. AIB programs are designed to increase job skills and enhance knowledge. Completion of prescribed programs can lead to industry-recognized AIB diplomas and certificates.
American Institute of Banking (AIB)
ABA eLearning through the ABA Knowledge Center
> Graduate Schools Of Banking
Regional and national banking schools for experienced bank officers provide management-level bankers with an opportunity for advanced study and research in bank management, economics, and monetary issues. At this level, bankers can choose to study advanced general banking concepts or specialize within certain areas of banking. The Wyoming Bankers Association joins with other state bankers associations in the region in cosponsoring the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Pacific Coast Banking School, Schools of Banking and the Graduate School of Banking at Colorado.
|Pacific Coast Banking School
The Wyoming Bankers Association has scholarship
Call Cheryl for more information
|Graduate School of Banking at Colorado
|Stonier Graduate School of Banking - University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia
|Schools of Banking
- Advanced School of Banking – Year 1 - October 1-5, 2012 /Year 2 - June 3-7, 2013
- Bank Compliance School – February 3-8, 2013
- School of Lending Principles – March 4-8, 2013
- School of Banking Fundamentals – April 15-19, 2013
- Agricultural Lending School – July 15-19, 2013
- School of Trust & Financial Services – August 26-30, 2013
- Advanced Trust School – August 27-29, 2013
- Principles of Commercial Lending School – October 21-25, 2013
- Commercial Lending School – October 21-25, 2013
- Advanced School of Banking -Year 1 – September 30-October 4, 2012 /Year 2 – June 16-20, 2014
|Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Employment Law Update – May 1, 2013
- Mobile Device Security Best Practices – May 1, 2013
- Deposit Management: Advanced Topics – May 6, 2013
- Enterprise Risk: Integration With the A/L Process – May 7, 2013
- Understanding the Business of Banking and Factors That Drive Profitability – May 7, 2013
- Your ALCO Process – Time for Consolidation? – May 7, 2013
- Mobile Security: Making Sense of Mobile Device Management (MDM) Systems – May 8, 2013
- Proactive IT Security Self-Defense – May 15, 2013
- Loan Underwriting Mistakes – May 16, 2013
- Delegating for Effectiveness – May 21, 2013
- Hacking Headlines – May 22, 2013
About The GSB Online Classroom:
The GSB Online Classroom is a convenient and cost-effective way for you to participate in educational seminars that are delivered LIVE over the Internet by some of today’s top industry professionals. These are not point-and-click, text-based seminars, they are live, interactive online seminars geared for senior management officers in your organization. GSB online seminars utilize state-of-the-art audio and video technology to make this a very interactive, and hands-on learning experience. More than 3,500 financial professionals have participated in a GSB Online Seminar since the program started just three years ago and past participants have commented about how easy it was to attend and participate in a GSB online seminar. Enjoy the convenience of learning at your computer which saves you valuable time and money. Attendees will be active participants during the live sessions having the opportunity to ask questions via instant messaging links with the facilitator or during ‘open mic’ sessions, and participating in live opinion forums. Plus, when you reserve your seat in the classroom, others in your office can participate and you still pay only one registration fee. GSB Online Seminars are a convenient, effective and efficient way to learn!